Thursday 9 July 2015

Getting To Know The Color Wheel

Hi everybody! Today I am going to share about what I have learnt on Wednesday's (8/7/15) art lesson.

 I learnt about color wheel. What is it? It is basically a circle divided into sectors with primary and secondary colors showing the relationship between colors. I have also learnt what primary and secondary colors are. Examples of primary colors are red, blue and yellow while the secondary colors are purple, green and orange. The mixture of two primary colors makes a secondary colors. We were told to trace out a circle, then we had to divide it into 12 equal sections. We painted the 1st, 5th and 9th sections with primary colors and in between them, we painted the secondary colors. Here's a picture of the color wheel I did;



It may seem easy but I took a bit time to get the color mixtures right. The color between red and blue is purple and we need 50% from each from red and blue to get the correct color. For the red-ish purple, I add more red to it and for the more blue-purple, I add more blue to the color mixture. Same goes for all the rest of the colors. The difficulties I faced painting this color wheel was that sometimes I did not put the correct amount of paint and the colors seemed too close or looked the same and I had to keep trying to add more colors to make the color right. I even had to redo my color wheel because my colors got messed up. Now I will show you some pictures of the process while painting the color wheel.




 That was all for Wednesday's lesson. I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Good job. Maybe you can try to do the following:

    1) Improve on the strokes
    2) Improve on color mixing.

    ReplyDelete